Thank you for enquiring about the new 2022 Smoke Alarm Legislation and to allow us to provide a quote to comply properties with brand new Queensland legislation.
New state-based legislation requires the following additional measures in all Queensland rental properties by 1st January 2022.
- Smoke alarms must be installed in every bedroom
- All smoke alarms must be powered by either 240 volt or 10 year lithium battery
- All smoke alarms must be interconnected to each other
- All smoke alarms must be photoelectric rather than ionisation
- All smoke alarms must meet new Australian Standard 3786:2014