QLD 2022 Legislation
what is the QLD 2022 Legislation?
- be photoelectric (AS 3786-2014); and
- not also contain an ionisation sensor; and
- be less than 10 years old; and
- operate when tested; and
- be interconnected in the dwelling so all alarms activate together; and
- be hardwired or powered by a non-removable 10-year battery, or a combination of both; and
- be positioned in the correct locations within the dwelling according to the legislation.
Important QLD 2022 upgrade video
It covers these important topics:
- Will the deadline be extended?
- Are there penalties for non-compliance?
- Will the price of smoke alarms come down?
- When would you advise to upgrade?
- Who do they contact?
QLD 2022 Locations explained
- in each bedroom; and
- on each storey of the property; and
- in hallways which connect bedrooms and the rest of the dwelling; or
- if there is no hallway, between the bedrooms and other parts of the storey; and
- if there are no bedrooms on a storey at least one smoke alarm must be installed in the most likely path of travel to exit the dwelling.
OUR SMOKE ALARM PARTNERS
We only use premium branded alarms in all our installations to ensure the best solution every time.
Certificates now include photographs
As part of our service we provide photographic evidence of all
smoke alarms to ensure your complete protection.
Landlord Frequently Asked 2022 Questions
What alarm brands do you install at 1300 Smoke Alarms?
At 1300 Smoke Alarms, we only install premium well-known trusted smoke alarm brands. These include Brooks, Cavius and PSA.
When choosing a smoke alarm brand, you must consider the following:
- Does it have a long warranty
- Is it a well know brand?
- Does it come with a data sheet?
- What is the replacement warranty process?
What is your warranty period?
At 1300 Smoke Alarms, we are so confident with the alarms we install, they all come with a 10-Year in-home warranty. This includes labour and alarm replacements at no charge. You will not pay for alarms again for 10 years when serviced by us yearly. If your current supplier does not offer a 10 year warranty, do not use them, choose 1300 Smoke Alarms. Conditions apply.
What is the upgrade price?
We offer a very price competitive solution for Landlords, installing premium well trusted smoke alarm brands. Please contact your property manager who can obtain a FREE Quote for you. We will match any quoted price that is comparable in quality and warranty period offered.
Are you a qualified electrical business?
Yes. 1300 Smoke Alarms is a qualified and licensed electrical Queensland business.
Are you a Qld based business?
Yes. We are based in Brisbane and established in 2010 and proud to be a Queenslander. There are many companies coming from New South Wales and Victoria to set up here for this legislation. Only use companies like 1300 Smoke Alarms that have been around for a decade in Queensland.
Do you provide an Annual Service?
Yes. We provide an annual unlimited Smoke Alarm Service from only $99 per year. This includes re-attendance at lease services and for faulty and beeping alarms and free batteries. We also install alarms for FREE for 10 years if installed by us and serviced each year. Please speak with your property manager about the program you are enrolled in.
What is the Annual Service requirements?
Do you charge extra for radio frequency alarms?
No. We charge the same amount whether we install hardwired or radio frequency alarms. We select the best alarm solution for the property when we arrive on installation day. All our alarms installed come with a 10-year warranty when serviced each year.
Do you provide photographic evidence?
Yes. We provide photographs of all alarms on our service reports for total peace of mind at every inspection. This means you have proof of alarms in the property, including a date and time stamp and latitude and longitude locations for insurance purposes. We cover you as landlords.